First time Drivers
We offer nervous and confused first time drivers the appropriate driving lessons and hands-on exercises to build their confidence and skill in driving.
You will need to:
1. Fill out an application form
2. Present evidence of your identity
3. Prove your eyesight meets the required standard
4. Provide a medical certificate (if required)
5. Present your overseas driver licence (and a translation if it is not in English)
6. Let the agent take your photo and signature
7. Pay the application fee
8. Provide photocopies of all the original documents you have provided, as listed above (including any translation).
9. You may also need to pass theory and practical tests. If you do, you will also have to pay the test fees.
Tips for driving in New Zealand
New Zealand road rules and driving behaviours may be different to those in your home country. For example:
1. We drive on the left side of the road
2. We have many hilly, narrow or windy roads that mean your journey may take longer than you expect
3. You must carry your driver licence on you at all times. If your licence is not in English, you must carry a translation from an approved translator.
1 hour lesson
Pre-test mock lesson 1.5 hours
Package 5 lessons
Package 12 lessons
1 hour lesson before the test and hire a car for the driving test